Dolce & Gabbana’s Fall/Winter 2015 runway show celebrated mothers and la famiglia with a genuine and beautiful look from head to toe. To enhance the story, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a feminine, loose chignon adorned with charming brooches, pearls and jewels that might have been found in a mother’s jewelry box in the ‘50s. Using Redken’s Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray to add airy, light texture, Guido achieved a pretty, but easy style that’s ideal for the everyday woman.
“There’s always something about this feminine, beautiful Dolce & Gabbana woman that is timeless and every season, we just reinvent the look in small ways,” said Guido. “The whole show is about mothers, so the idea for the hair is this woman getting out of bed and just pinning her hair up in an easy, feminine and beautiful way.”
How to Create the Look:
- Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Guts 10 volumizing spray-foam mousse to damp hair, working into your hair from roots to ends.
- Use your fingers to create a messy natural part.
- Rough blow dry hair until it is 90% dry, letting it fully dry naturally.
- Thoroughly mist hair with Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over dry hair to add some texture.
- Emulsify a nickel-size amount of Redken Braid Aid 03 braid defining lotion in your hands and apply to dry hair from mid-lengths to ends for added grip.
- Twist hair back into a loose, messy chignon that hangs over the ears and secure with small U-shaped pins.
- Spray Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over for airy texture.
- Finish the look by adding accessories or jewelry of your choice.
Guido had the following to said about the hairstyle, “It’s a look that a busy mother can easily do in the morning – it’s not perfect and the accessories aren’t perfect, but that’s what gives the look its charm.”