Developed by Burberry makeup artistic consultant Wendy Rowe, under the creative direction of Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer, Christopher Bailey, the look features:
- An earthy, sun-kissed palette of smokey shades
- A smokey eye inspired by natural earthy tones
- Matte nude lips
- Warm, matte skin
The new Burberry makeup collection includes the following must-have products:
- Burberry Kisses – New Burberry Kisses lipstick in Nude Beige No.01 was previewed on the Autumn/Winter 2015 runway. Designed to give buildable sheer to high coverage with just one shade, Burberry Kisses lipsticks enable customisable color release, building effortlessly with each layer of color from understated luminosity to intense depth and vibrancy.
- Eye Color Cream – It will be available in July 2015, but the eye shadows were previewed on the runway in Mink No.102 and Charcoal No.114. The buildable eye shadows deliver an effortless wash of luminizing color.
- Effortless Kohl Eyeliner – The latest addition to the Burberry Effortless Kohl Eyeliner collection, new Storm Green No. 06, was previewed on the runway as a wearable shade that is flattering for all eye colours. The new shades will be available from August 2015.
Burberry makeup artistic consultant Wendy Rowe shared the following application tips for you to make the most out of the new collection.
- Apply Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Golden Radiance No.02 to the face, ears and décolletage like a moisturiser to give an iridescent glow.
- Apply Fresh Glow Fluid Foundation where needed to reduce redness, for example around the nose.
- Use Sheer Concealer to highlight (paler shades) the face – on the forehead, nose, Cupid’s bow, chin, and under eyes (rose-toned shades) to diminish dark circles. Use a mix of the two shades to even the complexion.
- Contour the cheekbones with Light Glow in Earthy Blush No.07.
- Apply Bold Lash Mascara in Ebony No. 01 just at the roots of the lashes for a modern feel.
- Apply Effortless Kohl in Poppy Black No.01 along the top and bottom lash lines, and blend to soften.
- Apply Eye Color Cream in Charcoal No.114 to intensify the top and bottom lash line and up to the socket line for a smokey eye.
- Apply Effortless Kohl Eyeliner in Storm Green No.06 in the waterline to intensify the eye color and give a smoky feel without closing the eye.
- Apply Eye Color Cream in Mink No.102, dust over the eye socket to create an iridescent look.
- Groom the brows, using the Effortless Eyebrow Definer where needed to create a natural shape.
- Apply just one layer of Burberry Kisses in Nude Beige No.01 to give understated luminosity and still allow the natural tone of the lip to shine through.
- Dust a little pressed powder over the lips to slightly mattify the color.
- Coat nails with Nail Polish in Khaki Green No.205, Cadet Green No.206 or Poppy Black No.223 to complement the look.
The Autumn/Winter 2015 makeup collection will be available from August from Burberry.com, Burberry Beauty Box, and selected Burberry stores and retailers worldwide.